Connect with us

Tips for a UX/UI Designer to Build an Impressive Career

ui-ux designers tips


Tips for a UX/UI Designer to Build an Impressive Career

UX/UI designers enjoy all the perks of a creative occupation. It is the area where your professionalism and, therefore, the salary can grow beyond any limits. However, in order to build such a stunning career and make professional UX/UI design agencies literally hunt you, you have to take some actions. In this post, you are going to find some tips that will help you to build an amazing career.

Learn the key principles

You start from the basics as an inexperienced junior designer. Having learned the theory, you enter the world of UX/UI. This is the step every novice designer goes through. You can then start gaining experience by joining a design agency or taking on freelance projects.

Constant learning

What distinguishes a simple worker from a real professional is their passion for learning new things. Constantly studying, you will improve and become more attractive to employers.

For example, you can follow such well-known portals like and the UX Blog. Following the trends will help you to keep up with the world of UX design.


Design, draw, create. Set aside time after work, during which you will practice web design. Try to create something for your personal portfolio. This will help you find a job or get your first freelance order.

Tip: allocate 2-4 hours after work for extra practice. Sounds too hard? Well, this is what makes a difference – whether you’re motivated to give up on your regular habits or not to achieve success.

Do not be afraid to ask questions

Sometimes you may not know something but are ashamed to ask a colleague. Do not be afraid to ask them, even if your question looks stupid – sometimes, the advice from a mentor can be clearer and more valuable than an answer from Google.

If you don’t have a mentor, go to Facebook, forums, blogs, and chat rooms. Look for opportunities to communicate with colleagues – some of them probably will spend a few minutes of their time and give you useful advice.


Do you have a new theory or a desire to create something fundamentally different from your style? Do not be afraid, try to do it! Find the right solution until you get the right result.

This will help you grow. Experiments are not a waste of time but an important part of professional self-development. Yes, you may have to delete most of the experiments due to unsatisfactory results. But without trying, you will never know what you’re capable of.

Develop communication skills

This will help you at work or when communicating with customers. If you have a good idea but don’t know how to present it, it is a failure. The development of oratory skills will allow you to achieve career success, simplify communication with customers and colleagues.

You can also sell your design better. When promoting your ideas, you need to find arguments and convincingly present them so that your audience also understands the benefits of using your web design.

Learn to accept criticism

Get ready for the fact that your work will be criticized and called bad words. This is normal. Remember, they do not criticize you, but the result of your work or your ideas. Perhaps you will create a stupid design, especially if you had no experience before. Accept it as it is and continue to grow.

Don’t be afraid to ask for feedback and critiques of your work. This will help you become better: you can fix stupid mistakes and make users happier.

Be independent

Try to solve problems on your own without resorting to the help of a mentor each time. So you will learn independence and will be able to accumulate your own knowledge base. If you do not know how to solve this or that problem, google it and try to find a solution yourself.

This does not mean that you should try to do all the work by yourself each time. But to set the bar for yourself would be nice – for example, contact your mentor in 30% of cases, and in the remaining 70%, try to find the right solution yourself.

Summing up

In order to grow as a professional, continue learning, and do not be afraid to seek help and advice. Develop your communication and presentation skills and learn to accept criticism. Try to be independent and problem-solving-oriented. Following these principles will make it easier for you to learn UI/UX design and become, if not great, then a really good specialist.

High quality free, premium & inspirational graphic resources crafted by creative artists & professional designers.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Inspiration

To Top